Friday, December 5, 2008

they have a secret world in the twilight.

Sometimes I am really terrible at discovering new music. I generally try to avoid bands that are receiving hype from the music press out of general principle, and friends of mine can even tell me over and over again about bands that I would like and should be listening to, but I usually end up just not listening, and waiting to hear artists that I like through a more organic process. Admittedly, its a flawed and rather closed minded way of learning about new music, and as a result, I tend to miss out on some bands that I really should have been listening to months, if not years before. M83 is one of those bands, their record that came out this year, Saturdays=Youth is fantastic, and I find that I am actually kind of annoyed at myself that I didn't start listening to this French shoegaze band a long time ago. So here's Kim and Jessie by M83, one of the best songs I've heard in a long time, which also has a pretty cool video:

No comments: