Monday, May 26, 2008

The Hobbit will probably not suck


When Peter Jackson was having that legal battle with New Line over Lord of the Rings royalties, I started to get really worried that they were going to make the Hobbit and completely fuck it up so that we couldn't even watch the LOTR trilogy anymore without thinking about it and cringing. Like, I don't know, Michael Bay's the Hobbit starring Nicolas Cage as Gandalf or something.

Luckily Peter Jackson is back on board producing and co-writing, and brought in Guillermo del Toro to direct, he directed Pan's Labrynth and is pretty much the man, so I am really excited about the Hobbit, and the still unnamed second movie they are doing right after. So anyways, Jackson and del Toro just did an online webchat on the WETA website answering a bunch of fan questions about the two movies, so if you are a raging fantasy nerd/loser like the glorious specimen below, and are curious about what they are up to you should check that out.



By the way, am I supposed to be writing all movie titles in italics? I have no idea what the rule is on that but I guess I'm just going to continue to do it.

No comments: