Friday, July 11, 2008

the Ah-nuld sound.



As you might have guessed by my obsession with Steven Seagal, I am a massive fan of 80's action movies (well, I'm pretty much obsessed with action movies from any genre.) Perhaps no one better personifies the action movie archetype better than Arnold Schwarzenegger, who has starred in some of the most memorable movies to ever come out of the genre, like Commando, Terminator, Total Recall, Red Heat, Predator, Terminator 2, and, ahem, Last Action Hero. Although probably the most shocking thing about Arnold's career, is that he is now governor of one of the most powerful states in America, and is actually doing a really good job. Arnold practices politics in a very logical, pragmatic way - he puts his personal feelings aside, and governs the state based on what the people living there want. It seems simple enough, but I feel like most other political leaders don't exactly grasp this concept. To my uninformed self, politics, especially in America, seem to be based more on complete insanity, or the whims of a very small group of rich people. Anyways, even though I am a huge fan of Arnold's both as an actor and a politican, it is still really amusing to me to look at this and realize that he is one of the most powerful men in America.

No comments: