Monday, July 21, 2008

its so easy.







I am currently reading Slash's autobiography and it is fucking entertaining. I highly recommend it. It's funny, I guess at this point in my life I can officially call myself a professional musician, but I am well aware that neither I nor the band I play in can ever hope to be as cool as Slash and Guns N' Roses were. I mean look at them: they really do not give a fuck. G n' R are representative of an era of music that has pretty much come and gone. There isn't one aspect of that band that is contrived or phony, they were just 5 total badasses who came together, made one of the greatest rock records of all time (Appetite for Destruction, of course,) and totally conquered the music world for a brief time before unfortunately messing it all up. Bands like that just don't exist anymore. I mean sure, there are bands that try to emulate that sort of hard-rocking, fast-living image, but its so obviously an act, they just end up seeming like douches (like these guys, for instance.) Anyways, despite the fact that Axl became an overweight, football jersey wearing, dreadlock having loser who replaced the whole band with people who also pretty much suck in every way imaginable, Guns N' Roses are, as far as I'm concerned, probably the coolest band of all time (Zeppelin doesn't count because they reached such a level of ultimate coolness that they are automatically excluded from any such argument.) Wow, that was quite a run on sentence. Now, do I provide the obligatory Youtube video? Yes. Yes I do.



I see you standing there. You think you're so cool. Why don't you just fuck off!?!?
-Axl Rose

No comments: