Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Birthday TC









Today is the birthday of one of my all-time favourite actors, Tom Cruise. I know that he has taken a lot of shit with the media (and pretty much everyone else in the world) over the last few years as he has grown to be more and more outspoken about Scientology, but amidst all that he has been turning in some stellar performances that get totally overlooked because of his so-called 'mental instability.' He always seems to work with really great directors like Spielberg, Michael Mann, P.T. Anderson and Cameron Crowe, picks interesting projects and never phones in a performance. Despite (or perhaps because of) the intense backlash against the Cruise, I have been, and will continue fervently supporting him to anyone who will listen.

And besides, is Scientology really that bad? Is alien spirits trapped in your body that were once blown up with hydrogen bombs at the hands of a Galactic Emperor named Xenu really more bizarre than most of the fantastical and obviously made up shit that comes from any other major religion? And I don't know, I can't help but watch this next video, and think that some of it makes a lot of sense! I think I need to head over to my local Scientology center for a free E-Meter reading.



See, they're the authorities on improving conditions! They improve conditions. And they're here to help. Period. Happy Birthday Tom.