Friday, September 19, 2008

Synecdoche, New York



This is one of my most anticipated upcoming releases. Charlie Kaufman (Adaptation, Being John Malkovich, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind,) is one of my favourite writers, and Synecdoche, New York is his feature directorial debut. It stars Phillip Seymour Hoffman, and it looks to be another postmodern, wonderfully acted mindfuck from Kaufman. From what little I know of it, it reminds me the most of Adaptation, which I think was one of the best films of the last decade or more.

here is a link to the trailer which I can't embed in the page because of the annoying Variety flash player. Also, here is a lengthy audio interview with Kaufman, and here is a video of Kaufman on the Charlie Rose show.

this is all via Ain't it Cool.

No comments: